Greetings from LSERS
Welcome to the June Edition of LSERS Employer eNews. This issue includes important information on upcoming deadlines and return-to-work Bus Operators. I encourage you to contact our knowledgeable staff to assist you with any questions or concerns.
-Charles P. Bujol
Enhancements to the Online Form - Salary Contributions Reporting and Corrections
You may notice changes on the LSERS’ online form – Salary Contributions Reporting and Corrections. These are enhancements for a better quality control on reported salary contributions. Changes are below:
1. The uploaded file will be
rejected with an alert message if
month/year selected at upload does
not match month/year in the file.
2. Records with invalid social
security numbers will be counted as
rejected records and will not be
posted to LSERS’ system.
3. Contribution type defaults to
“Sheltered” if it contains blank or
invalid data in the uploaded file.
4. A new confirmation window after
5. A message with quick links to
- Provides a summary data of uploaded records
- Reminds you if this is an initial upload for reporting month/year, additional submission for the same month/year would be processed as corrections
- Allows opportunity to cancel submission and return to fix errors/rejects
member’s “Personal Information”
page and “Member Salary
Contributions Report by Employer”
reminds you to verify updates after
Questions? Please contact Tracy Gaudet at 225.925.6922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Retiree Return to Work (RTW) under La. R.S. 11:1007 - Critical Shortage of Full-Time Bus OperatorsIn preparation for the upcoming FY2019-20, we have created the following list for your convenience. Please note that the employer requirements under La. R.S. 11:1007 are:
4. Report monthly salary
- Annual enrollment must be done between July 1 and September 1!
- Certify to the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) that there is a shortage of qualified bus operators.
- Upload valid declaration. Declaration requirements:
- Name of retiree
- Date of birth of the retiree
- Declaration of intent to rehire based on La. R.S. 11:1007
- Must be signed by the superintendent AND the retiree
• 8% contribution rate,
• Unsheltered contribution type
Questions? Please contact Kimberly Stephens at 225.922.0220 or email@example.com.
Fiscal Year End Close - Remember the Upcoming Dates!
July 15 – June 2019 salary contributions reporting and
July 24 – Last day to correct exceptions
July 25 – July 31 – LSERS internal adjustment period for remaining exceptions
August 1 – FY2018-19 prior year corrections process begins
August 15 – FY2018-19 annual RET files upload due
New Salary Reporting Exception Message for Part-Time Positions
A recent system update added a new exception message:
“Full-time earnings cannot be equal to or less than actual earnings for a part-time position.”
The actual earnings and full-time (FT) earnings are key factors for service credit calculations. The actual earnings is what the member is paid, and the FT earnings is what the member would have been paid had he/she worked in a FT capacity. Therefore, for a position classified as part-time (PT), the actual earnings must be less than FT earnings.
To fix the exception:
1. Correct the FT earnings for PT members by submitting an
online salary contributions correction form, or
2. If the position status is no longer PT, email Kim Stewart at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request changing the position status to
FT. The email should contain the following:
Questions? Please contact either Kim Stewart at 225.925.4411 email@example.com or Tracy Gaudet at 225.925.6922 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member name
- Member last 4 digits of social security number
- Effective date of the change
- A Form 5PT – Report on Part-time service, for all years of PT service