Please allow up to three weeks for delivery. Call LSERS at 225.925.6484 or toll free (outside the Baton Rouge area) at 1.800.256.3715 or e-mail us at email@example.com if you:
- Have not received your 1099R by February 14, 2014
- Need to request a duplicate copy
- Need to report an error
We suggest contacting your tax advisor for any questions regarding the information on your Form 1099-R.
- LSERS retirement benefits are not subject to Louisiana state income taxes for residents filing a Louisiana income tax return.
- Form 1099-R
- Box 1 Gross distribution: Total amount your received for the calendar year 2013
- Box 2 Taxable amount: Taxable amount to be reported for Federal income tax purposes
- Box 4 Federal incomes tax withheld: Federal income taxes withheld from your payments in 2013.
- Box 5 Employee contributions: Tax-free portion of retirement benefits you received during the calendar year. This is NOT the amount of your insurance premium. It represents unsheltered contributions withheld from your salary before 7-1-1994 that had already been taxed. This amount is the difference between the Gross distribution in Box 1 and the Taxable amount in Box 2a. If you have no amount in Box 5 – you do have not tax-free benefits.
Note: Disability retirees will not have tax-free benefits reflected in Box 5 until they reach their normal retirement eligibility age.