Retirees should allow up to two weeks for delivery. Call LSERS at 225.925.6484 or toll free (outside the Baton Rouge calling area) at 1.800.256.3718 or e-mail us at email@example.com if you:
- Have not received your 1099-R by February 16, 2015
- Need to request a duplicate copy
- Need to report an error
Form 1099-R’s are available for viewing and printing in LSERSWeb after logging into the secure online portal. Retirees should contact their tax advisor for any questions regarding the information on the Form 1099-R.
Reminder about your tax form:
- LSERS retirement benefits are not subject to Louisiana state income taxes for residents filing a Louisiana income tax return.
- Box 1 Gross distribution: Total amount your received for the calendar year 2014
- Box 2a Taxable amount: Taxable amount to be reported for Federal income tax purposes
- Box 4 Federal incomes tax withheld: Federal income taxes withheld from your payments in 2014.
- Box 5 Employee contributions: Tax-free portion of retirement benefits you received during the calendar year. This is NOT the amount of your insurance premium. It represents unsheltered contributions withheld from your salary before July 1, 1994 that had already been taxed. This amount is the difference between the Gross distribution in Box 1 and the Taxable amount in Box 2a. If Box 5 is blank, your total grossdistribution (benefits received) is taxable.
- Disability retirees will not have tax-free benefits reflected in Box 5 until they reach their normal retirement eligibility age.