Louisiana School Employees’ Retirement System (LSERS) seeks a qualified applicant who will serve as chief legal counsel who will perform highly responsible and specialized professional legal and administrative duties such as providing legal and administrative advice on laws, rules, executive orders, policies, procedures, contracts, litigation, legislation and objectives to the Board of Trustees and to the staff.
Anticipated salary range shall be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
All applicants must currently be in good standing with the Louisiana Bar Association and have at least five years’ experience as an attorney.
Applicants must submit a letter of application, two letters of reference, and a resume that includes answers to the following questions:
1. Are you admitted to practice law in the State Courts of Louisiana and are you in good standing with the Louisiana Bar Association?
2. Do you possess at least five years’ experience as an attorney?
3. Do you have experience in drafting and monitoring legislation?
4. Did you provide two letters of reference?
5. Can we contact your current employer for an employment reference?
6. What is your preferred salary range?
Letter of application, resume, and two letters of reference should be submitted to Liz Guidry at LSERS’ Human Resources via email, U.S. mail, or by hand, by close of business on May 6, 2019.
For further information, contact Liz Guidry, HR Specialist, at 225.925.1801 or email@example.com.
Louisiana School Employees’ Retirement System
Post Office Box 44516
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-4516